Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, November 16, 2015

Autumn Happiness!


Finally, sometime to myself to stamp and blog! Things have been so hectic here--we now have my 4 year old son into ice skating lessons, we are often fighting the temper tantrums of both boys, my Husbands crazy work schedule leaves me with all the house-hold chores more often than I'd like to count, and I'm already feeling the pressure of the holidays that has me shopping more now than I normally do.  Did I mention how much homework a preschooler brings home?!?!?  Makes me wonder what his homework load will be like in a few years!! Craziness!
 
At any rate, DH and I have really been making an honest effort to get both boys ready for bed around 7pm so they can hopefully be sleeping by 8pm.  I know that probably sounds pretty routine for most families with little ones, but it's really a struggle for us, since we a just sitting down for dinner around 6:30pm.  Thankfully, it's been working and it's allowed for a bit more "me" time, which I've been loving! This Happy Thankful People Greeting (612G) from DRS Designs couldn't be more true! I am thankful for my family and being with them makes me happy, despite the hecticness!
 
 
I created this card for the DRS Designs Blog Challenge from last week, but never got around to blogging about.  The challenge was "Pile It High," using layers on your challenge entry. First I created the card front using light blue cardstock and then I stamped the Tree Limb (568P) vertically on the far right side and then the Autumn Leaf Pile (575F) was stamped in the center at the bottom.  I sponged blue ink above the leaf pile and green ink at the very bottom edge for grass.  Next, I stamped the leaf pile again on white cardstock, colored with Copic Markers, and then cut it out and adhered in place in the scene I created on my card front. The greeting was stamped in the empty space as shown and then I drew a line around the edge of the card front omitting the stamped portions to complete the look.  The card front was matted with a piece of yellow-orange cardstock to match the color scheme before finally adhering it on to a turquoise cardstock base.  I really like the look of this card as it was and decided not to embellish it any further.  Sort of funny how this card has a few layers, yet it's still completely flat!
 
Thanks for stopping by!

Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin