Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, May 21, 2015

May The Sun Shine Bright

A fun, Summery color challenge was just posted on the DRS Designs Blog today! 
How fun and gorgeous are these colors?!?!?!?

 
 I used them to create this "Thinking of You" card. I like that it could be a graduation card as well! 
 
 
I created the sun by hand by tracing a large, circular object and cutting it out.  Then I used a photo corner punch for all the rays.  I sponged the edges a bit and stamped the Large Stained Glass (1133P) over top to create some dimension.  I used light blue cardstock for my card front, and dressed it up a bit by rounding the corners and distressing the edges.  I adhered the sun in the upper, left corner as shown and added a yellow gem.  Next, I stamped the Sun Shine On You Greeting (417E) at the bottom of the card front and placed a white pearl on either side of the top line.  Then I adhered the card front on to a white cardstock base and viola, this clean and simple card was complete!

Hope you like it and I hope you get a chance to play along with these beautiful colors as well!
 
Have a great day!
Smiles,
Jennifer
 

1 comment:

nwilliams6 said...

Love how cheerful this card is with that giant sun! Great idea to add the stained glass stamp as a bg stamp - looks cracked and fun. Well done. Hugz

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin