Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, February 12, 2015

True Friends!

DRS Designs new stamps and the new "Office Supplies" challenge on the DRS Designs Blog inspired me to create today's card. This card features the new Four Leaf Clover Friends Greeting (284F), which I love! Again, like yesterday's post, I've designed this card with a St. Patrick's Day theme but this sentiment isn't necessarily a St. Patrick's Day stamp! The Office Supplies challenge is exactly that--you are to use anything you would find in an office on your challenge entry. Items like staples, paperclips, postage stamps, etc all qualify. I chose to use a staple and a spiral paperclip.

 
 Knowing that I wanted the Four Leaf Clover Friends Greeting to be the focal point of my card, I stamped it and then cut out with a decorative Nestability die to make it stand out. While it was in the die, I sponged over it with green ink and then outlined the die shape with a fine point black marker for definition.
 
Behind it, I stamped the Shamrock Vine Corner (1086G) on a small piece of green cardstock and rounded the corners. The corners were rounded on the black mat also. My card front was created using white cardstock, rounding the corners, embossing it, and then sponging green ink over the top.  I adhered the stamped elements in place as shown, using foam tape to adhere the greeting in place for added dimension.  The spiral clip was embellished with a small piece if ribbon tied around it before adding it to the top of the card front and 2 small ribbon loops were added to the bottom of the right hand side, and were adhered in place with a single green staple to match.  The card was then adhered to an A2 dark green cardstock base, which measures 4.25" x 5.5."

Well, that's it for me today. I hope I've inspired you to play along in the Office Supply Challenge, and I hope you'll go check out DRS Design's new Spring stamps, especially if you're looking to make St. Patrick's Day or Easter cards! 

Thanks for stopping by!
 
Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin