Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Your Birthday Popped Up!

Hi Everyone! 
I hope all of my American readers are enjoying the long weekend for the Fourth of July holiday! Unfortunately I will be spending it working. But I hope to be able to find some time for myself to stamp. Today I'm sharing the card I made for the latest DRS Designs blog challenge.  The theme is Banners, Flags and Pennants


 I had fun using the Splatter Background (855H) to create my own pattern paper. I stamped it in green and pink inks to match my color scheme.  I colored Leonard Pig Blowing Bubbles (078K) with Copic markers. To follow the challenge theme, I used my banner dies to create the embellishment cluster I added to the upper left hand corner of my card front. A button and a twine bow completed the look. I like this image paired with the Popped Up Birthday Greeting (924H). The word "popped" was also colored with Copics.  


The final touch I added was Diamond Glaze to the bubbles for a realistic look.  In the right light they really look wet!

Hope you enjoyed my post today.  Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!!!

Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin