Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Wintertime Buddies


Today I'm showing you a Christmas card I made with DRS Designs Newest Releases.  I've used the fun loving Wintertime Buddies (M362), the Christmas Music Background (P372)and I created my own embellishments using the holly from the Joyful Christmas Mouse stamp (H351). 




The Santa and Snowman were colored with Copic Markers and I distressed the edges with Vintage Photo Distressing ink.  I stamped the Music Background on off-white cardstock, distressed the edges, and then sprayed it with Glimmer Mist, before crumpling it up in a ball to create the vintage look.   I love this background stamp and I promise you'll see more of it from me! I think it makes an very elegant looking Holiday card.  The hollies were colored, cut out and adhered in the corners of my focal image.

Here's a close up of those Wintertime Buddies.  Adorable, huh?

Make sure to run over to DRS Designs and check out all 12 of the new designs added to their Christmas and Holiday collection.  I promise you won't be disappointed!

Thanks for stopping by!

Smiles,
Jennifer

3 comments:

Karin said...

Awesome coloring on those buddies and I love what you did with the music stamp in the background!

Anonymous said...

This is great! Love the way you colored it! I am not ready to start my Christmas cards yet! UGH!

Samantha said...

Love the background and the vintage look! Great card!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin