Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Percy and Pastel Flakes!

I am so done with the Winter weather and Winter cards for that matter, but I do have just one more for you today.  I wanted to play with Percy Penguin (D122) from DRS Designs and it would have been silly not to include some snowflakes on my card since she's all dressed up in her hat and scarf.



Percy was colored with Copic markers and I added Stickles to the area around her feet for snow.  I used the interlocking snowflake background-H015 (also by DRS Designs) with Lavender Lace ink.  This was a bit odd for me--normally I always make snowflakes blue or white if using dark cardstock.  It's always good to work out of the box every now and then!   I decorated the bottom of the card using snowflakes punched out with my Tonic Studios paper punch and adhered them to the card base with brads.  



This card taught me how fun it is to make Winter cards with Spring colors!

Happy Stamping today!
Have a great one!

Smiles,
Jennifer

2 comments:

shuggy said...

what a cute penguin!!

Dawn said...

OHHHH... I really love this card and the gorgeous pastels!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin