Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Who's Your Mummy?

It's the most wonderful time of the year and I'm not referring to Christmas! LOL! Don't get me wrong I love summer, as most of us do, but there's something about the change of seasons when the weather becomes cool. With Halloween right around the corner there's no better time to start making your Halloween cards and that's what I've done today for this weeks DRS Designs Blog Challenge. 
 
 
The challenge theme is "A Real Cutie" and I've chosen this Mummy (943H) for the cute focal image on my Halloween card. I used a C3 Copic marker to shade it, it was fussy cut out and then set aside while I made my card front. I used a Nestability die to cut out the purple scallop and while it was still in the die, I sponged it with black ink and outlined it with a fine point black marker. The Accent Bats (517A) were randomly stamped and the Mummy was adhered in the center. The card front was made from gray cardstock and I stamped the Who's Your Mummy Greeting (909D) towards the bottom. The purple scalloped panel was adhered in the center and then the bottom portion was trimmed with black ribbon. The card front was adhered onto a black cardstock note card that measures 3.5" x 5", and my card was complete.

Please run over to the DRS designs challenge post to see all of the cute cards the DRS Design Team came up with and to log your entry today. DRS Designs is giving away a $10 store voucher to one lucky winner. Will it be you? 

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!
 
Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin