Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, June 18, 2015

On Father's Day!

For some reason whenever I see a lighthouse, it makes me think of my Dad. I guess this is why I tend to go with beachy, seaside scenes when I pick my Father's Day cards, and that's exactly how I felt when I received the new Lighthouse stamp (461G) from DRS Designs new release.  Of course, I had to use it to make this year's Father's Day card!
 
 
The colors I chose to make this card with were inspired by the color challenge on the DRS Designs Blog this week.  Here's the inspiration photo:


The light house image was colored with Copic Markers, and I matted it with a red, scallop rectangle.  The back ground was embossed with the Anchor Embossing folder and trimmed in red.  I used a turquoise cardstock base and stamped the "On Father's Day" Greeting (034D) in the lower left corner. I assembled the background as shown and I embellished the matted image with a navy banner, layered with a smaller pink banner before adhering it into place just off center. As with all my cards, I know my Dad will love this!!!
Curious about this Lighthouse stamp and the others from this release? Go check them out on the DRS Designs website! they are now available for purchase!!!
 
Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!!

Smiles, 
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin