Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Autumn Greetings

Hi Everyone! 

 Today I'm showing off one of DRS Designs newest Autumn stamps, Indian Corn (151H). Lately, I've been all about diagonals and I've incorporated them into the last few cards I've made-- this one is no exception! 


I started by coloring the image with Copic Markers and then fussy cut it out. I used Nestability dies to cut the oval and scalloped pieces of card stock out. The oval was embossed with an embossing folder to add some texture to the card front. I love this look and need to remind myself to do it more often! I think it's unique and it really makes the eyes focus on the image that lays in front of it. For the background, I created my own pattern paper by stamping the Splatter Background (855H) repeatedly using yellow, green, and orange inks to match my color scheme. I also embossed the green strip of cardstock that was used to hide the seam between the 2 background layers. The Small Autumn Greeting sentiment (422B) was stamped just below the divided border with black ink and for the final touch, 3 green rhinestones were placed in the lower right corner of the card front. 

Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate your visit! 

Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin