Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Halloween Raven

It's Thursday again and there's a new challenge posted on the DRS Designs site today! I'm excited about this one because the theme is "It Gives Me The Creeps," and it is the perfect opportunity to show off some of their new Halloween stamps!

One of these stamps is the new Raven (125G) and to me it is the perfect definition of creepy!  If you look close, it has a very evil eye!  Eeek!




There wasn't much coloring to this image. I used Copic markers to color in the tree branch, the birds feet, and beak. Once I trimmed down the image to fit the size of my card, I distressed it with black ink to give it a spooky feel. I trimmed it in orange card stock at the top, and added a decorative border made from black card stock on the bottom. Orange gems decorated it nicely, and I hid the seam with an orange ribbon.  I stamped the Accent Bats (517A) in two places around the image and then added 2 bat punchies which made it complete.  Next, I created the card base from gray card stock and distressed it with black ink as well.  I stamped the Halloween Arc (043E) at the top and randomly placed more of the Accent Bats over the entire card front. Then, I added a little texture by running it through the paper crimper.  Then, the decorated image was adhered in place as shown, and a final bat punchie was placed at the bottom of the card front.

We hope you're in a creepy mood and excited to get out your Halloween stamps as well. Want to play along? Please see all of the details for this creepy challenge HERE.  We'd love for you to be the winner of the next prize given away for free from DRS Designs!

Thanks for stopping by! 

Smiles, 
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin