Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Two Loving Hearts

You know the song, "First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes the baby in the baby carriage!" Well, that last event is exactly why I haven't posted since January 1st.

Alexander John, our second son, was born on January 3rd, weighing 6 pounds 13 ounces and 20 inches long. Big brother Anthony is proud yet very curious and is adjusting fairly well.  Despite this latest change in our home, I'm eager to get back into a routine and get back to some me time. Luckily, I was able to get some alone time earlier this week and create a wedding card for the Love and Marriage challenge over at DRS Designs.


I used the Silhouette Love Heart (213D) for my focal image, stamping it twice so that the images overlap and I carefully cut them out.  I did this for the symbolism that two become one in marriage.  I adhered them with foam tape for some dimension on red carstock that was die cut with a Nestability Label die.  I created a horizontal panel to show off the sentiment using "Congratulations" from the Ribbon and Curls New Baby Greeting (111G).  Three small, white pearls and some twine tied in a bow embellished this panel nicely.  The card front was made with plain white cardstock that I decorated up a bit with a border punch and I added a pink layer that was embossed with a hearts embossing folder.  Finished cart size is 5.5" x 4.25."


Well, that's about it for me today. Stay warm my friends!

Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin