Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, April 27, 2009

It's a Jungle Out There!

Just playing a little catch up since I've been gone, here's my second post for today!
The DRS DT has been hinting over the last few days about the new stamps that DRS Designs will have available for purchase on May 2nd, and finally, we can share our sneak peeks with you!


The jungle animal images you will see are drawn by Dustin Pike. He has teamed up with DRS Designs & will have 6 new rubber images available. He also has many Digi images for sale. Here's a card I made using his "Jimbo and the Gang" image.




I colored the Lion, the Giraffe, and the Monkey with Prismacolor Pencils and blended the colors with Gamsol. I colored the Elephant with Copics and used a pink Prismacolor Pencils to shade his ears. I inked the edges of the image with yellow ink and stamped the sentiment below it. This is a pretty simple card--I didn't want to embellish it too much because I didn't want to take away from the cuteness of the animals.

Stamps: DRS Designs- Jungle Out There Sentiment, Jimbo and the Gang
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Yellow Orchre
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by American Crafts
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Bic Markers, Copic Markers C1 and C3, Brad unknown from my stash, Ribbon by Michael's Dashes Dots and Checks
Finished Card Size: 5" x 5"



Aren't these animals absolutely adorable!?!?! Good news...each of these animals are available separately as well. Stay tuned over the next week to see what I did with them individually and make sure to see all the other sneak peeks from the rest of the DT members. You can find their blog links on my side bar.

DRS Designs has a lot going on this week, not only the sneak peeks, but also a few blog candy opportunities as well. There's still time to enter the color challenge on the DRS Designs blog. Use the colors Pink Passion, Summer Sun, and Chocolate Chip on a project & post a link here to enter yourself in the challenge.

This Thursday, April 30th, DRS Designs will hold another Blog Hop with a blog candy opportunity somewhere along the hop. Make sure to hop along with us to find it and win!

Until then, make sure to check back here to see more sneak peeks!
Hope you have a wonderful week! Thanks for stopping by today!

Smiles,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So adorable Jen!! You've colored this sweet image in so very nicely!! I love it!! :)

Heather said...

This is super cute! Great job coloring!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin