Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, April 27, 2009

Circular Embossing and a New Challenge!

Sorry my Fun Filled Friday challenge card is late...I was so bummed that forgot to take my USB cord for my camera with me on my stamping trip and could not upload this on time on Friday, but as they say...better late then never, right!?!?!?



I challenged Kimmy to a unique technique (hey, that rhymes!) for this week's Fun Filled Friday challenge! We used the Circular Embossing Technique with the Cuttlebug. Not sure what I mean? Check out this card by Becca.

Here's my Circular Embossed Challenge card:


I created the embossed circle by following Becca's tutorial on her blog and then chalked the embossed areas. I colored the Hibiscus image with Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol, and then cut it out. I added ribbon across the embossed piece, and then adhered the image in the center. I put dark pink eyelets in all four corners of the mat as well and tied a knot to the lower right corner and adhered the embossed piece to the center of it. I cute a 6" x 6" cardstock base to finish the card.




I really like this technique, but I think overall, it makes for too big of a card. If I try it again some day I may try to make it a bit smaller if possible. But, I really like the uniqueness of the embossing.

Make sure to check out Kimmy's challenge card to see her version.



Stamps: Rubbernecker
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Paper: Cardstock by Office Depot, The Paper Company, American Crafts
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Nesties, Cuttlebug and Cuttlebug Fancy Corners Embossing Folder, Eyelets from Joann's Scrap Essentials, Ribbon unknown from my stash, Chalk by Inkadinkado
Finished Card Size: 6" x 6"




For this week's Fun Filled Friday challenge, Kimmy has challenged us to use coasters. This should be very interesting for me--I have yet to use coasters or chipboard on any of my projects. I guess it's just one aspect of the papercrafting field I just haven't gotten into--until now! Make sure to check back this Friday, May 1st, when I post my finished project for you all to see. Feel free to participate in this challenge as well. Just make sure to leave me a link so I can check it out if you do!


Stay tuned for sneak peeks of the latest stamp release from DRS Designs going on here all week. I'll be sharing one with you later today. These new images are just too cute! You'll love 'em!

Smiles,
Jennifer


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! What a really gorgeous card!! I just love that flower and I've always been attracted to the circles!! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin