Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Friday, April 17, 2009

For the Grill Master!

Yeah, It's Friday! Even though I have to work this weekend I'm so excited because the weather is supposed to be sunny & beautiful! I'll get out of work early enough on Saturday & Sunday to enjoy it!!




It's almost that time of year, time for BBQ's and outdoor parties! I created this card for my Fun Filled Friday Challenge with Kimmy to use our Score-Pal this week. It's a little difficult to see, but I created a vertical scored panel on either side of the image on the red cardstock. This card would be perfect for all those Masculine June, July, and August birthday's you may have!





I colored the grill with marker and then sponged green ink for the grass and blue ink for the sky. I used a green Zig marker to draw in the grass around the grill stand. I created the striped paper myself using the Open Plaid Background image from DRS Designs. I also used Diamond Glaze on the red part of the grill, making it look like shiny red metal!





Stamps: DRS Designs- Grill Master Birthday Sentiment, Brush BBQ Grill, Open Plaid Background
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in French Blue and Green, SU! Real Red
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company, Bazzill
Accessories: Bic Markers, Score-Pal, Sponge Daubers, Brads by Joann's Scrap Essentials, Diamond Glaze, Green Zig Marker, Creative Impressions Spiral Clip, White & Black Swiss Dots Ribbon by Reasonable Ribbon
Finished Card Size: 4 3/4" x 5 7/8"



Have you played along with us in this week's Score Pal challenge? Make sure to leave a link to your project so I can see it if you did. Don't forget to check out Kimmy's Score Pal card and make sure to check back on Sunday to see what we'll be doing next week!


Hope your weather this weekend will be as beautiful as what we're expecting here!

Enjoy!



Smiles,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen!! You have a really fab creation here!! I love the red and papers!! Great coloring too!! Enjoy your weekend!!

Jessica G. said...

Great grill -- I really like how you used the glaze for a shiny, new metallic look!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin