Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Friday, August 28, 2009

No Picnic Today!

The weather here has sure turned ugly over the last few days. The sun has completely disappeared and we've had a rainy, overcast sky for the last 3 days. They say it's supposed to continue over the weekend as well.

I guess there's no hope for a picnic and outdoor activities for us this weekend--so, that means I'll have to play in my stamp room instead! :-)

Here's my take on this week's Splitcoast Sketch Challenge, SC243.


I used many of the same ideas/elements as I had when I made my other picnic card, but picnics just seem to scream to me "Red Plaid." The Open Plaid Background stamp from DRS Designs is perfect for creating your own pattern paper to match your project to a T! And as an added bonus, I had some of this plaid paper in my scrap box left over from the other card and it was just the right size to use up for this card--proof that it really pays to save your scraps! This image was colored with marker instead of my Prismcolor Pencils, and I decided to use a more solid colored ribbon this time.

Stamps: DRS Designs- Picnic Basket (K1104), Open Plaid Background (P631)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, SU! Real Red
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by American Crafts
Accessories: Bic Markers, Spiral Clip and Ribbon by The Paper Studio, Brads by Joann's Scrap Essentials
Finished Card Size: 5.5" x 4.5"


Well, based on this weekend's weather report it looks like we'll be spending time indoors. Do you have an exciting plans for this weekend?
I hope you have a great one!

Smiles,
Jennifer

3 comments:

Karen W said...

This is so cute, great job and this is so fun!!

Anonymous said...

We've got the same weather over here too hun!! :) But I love your fun and cheery card anyway!! Hope you enjoy your weekend too!! HUGS

Jessica G. said...

Isn't this a fun image to color? And you did a beautiful job! The plaid is a perfect backdrop and definitely brightens the card, good weather or no!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin