Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Friday, July 24, 2009

Picnic Anyone?


One of my favorite Summer past times is going to the near by park and having a picnic lunch. Seeing this new picnic basket image sure reminded me of those days. Unfortunately now with a grown up schedule and adult responsibilities I don't have time for them. Ahh, the good ol' days!

But what picnic is complete without a red plaid tablecloth and a few ants? These ideas inspired me to use DRS Designs Open Plaid background stamp to create my own red plaid look and the new Ant Betty stamp on this card.

I colored this image with Prismacolor Pencils and blended the colors with Gamsol, and outlined it with a gray Copic marker. I embellished it with a black spiral clip & some red plaid ribbon fit just perfectly!

Stamps: DRS Designs- Picnic Basket (K1104), Ant Betty (B1035), Open Plaid Background (P631)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink, SU! Real Red
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company, American Crafts
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Nesties, Brads By Making Memories, Ribbon By The Paper Studio's Ribbon Trends, Spiral Clip by Creative Impressions, EK Success Corner Punch, Copic marker C1,
Finished Card Size: 5 7/8" x 5.5"

If you're anything like I am then you better make your picnic plans quick...Fall is right around the corner with it's cool weather and falling leaves. Did I mention back to school and football too?

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Thanks for visiting today!

Smiles,
Jennifer

4 comments:

Jessica G. said...

I miss picnics, too! Great picnic card; the plaid makes a perfect tablecloth pattern!!

Beth Norman said...

Very cute cards. Donnie and I love to go on picnics. It would be fun to surprise him with a card on one of those afternoons.

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love picnics!! :) Of course my kiddos don't like it as much anymore...but I still do!!

Your card is so well put together Jen!! Love your layout and I just NOW noticed the cute little ants stamped at each corner!! How cute!! :) Have a great day friend!! HUGS

Heather said...

This is a terrific card! I love how you added the ants! Great job!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin