Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Landscaping Helps Makes a House a Home!


Whoo Hoo! Our yard is finally a little greener! Our landscaping and sod are now complete!! I'm loving all the green and the beautiful blooms our yard now has, and let me tell you it's been a long time coming! We've lived in our house for over a year & half and up till now we've just been staring at dirt, and alot of it!




I know the pics above make it difficult to see some of the individual flowers we have so I've taken a few close ups of them.


Knock-Out Roses


Day Lillies

Service Berry Tree, surrounded by Knock-out Roses, Black Eyed Susans, Purple Palace, Day Lillies and a rock! (Pic taken before the mulch was laid.)

Japanese Maple surrounded by decorative grasses, Day Lillies, and Salvia.


We also have Purple Iris plants. Unfortunately I took this pic before the top soil and mulch was laid around them. I planted some cute little pink daisy annuals in the top soil around the irises--I thought about retaking the picture, but now they're not blooming anymore.

I'm really excited to see how all of these plants will grow and expand in the spaces around them over the next few years. Things look a bit bare right now, as everything that was planted are just babies. Isn't it amazing what a little Miracle-Grow will do in just a short time?


Well, this is just one major project that we've finally completed as we prepare my house for my Sister-in-laws wedding. She'll be getting ready at our house for her big day! 11 days to go & counting!


Smiles,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Thanh Vo said...

What a gorgeous home! Landscaping too.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin