Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Beachy Birthday!

 
Yeah! Today I'm celebrating a new DRS Designs Blog challenge AND new stamps!  Yep, DRS Designs has a new release coming out and it's screaming SUMMER!!!  The new challenge posted for this week is perfect for showing them off--take a look at what I created for their "Just Beachy" theme!
 
 
I used the masking technique to add this new Mermaid (472F) to the Brush Beach Sunrise (768L).  The way she's chillin' on the beach reminds me of one of my favorite Disney movies, The Little Mermaid! I colored the scene with Copic Markers and then stamped the Beach Birthday Greeting (480G) over top of the sand and water.  This greeting is also part of the new release.  The card front was simply embellished with a little matching purple fish brad placed in the lower right corner. Then, the stamped scene was adhered to violet cardstock and adhered onto a dark purple cardstock base. 

Hope you like it as much as I do!
Thanks for stopping by!

Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin