Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Happy Birthday

It won't be long now until DRS Designs finally wraps up the card drive they are holding for Operation Write Home. I've created several Birthday and general occasion cards to submit. Here's one of the birthday cards.


I created it with shades of olive green, so it would be perfect to send to either a man or a woman. Both the Single Birthday Candle (258B) and the Small Script Happy Birthday sentiment (159D) are by DRS Designs. The background was simply created my embossing white cardstock with the Birthday Embossing folder and sponging it with olive ink. After matting it with black cardstock, I wrapped the bottom with black raffia and then adhered the candle on the lower left side with foam tape. This was all added to an A2 cardstock base and then I added 3 square gems to the upper right side to finish it. I love this simple, elegant design and hope you do too!

DRS Designs is collecting A2 cards to send to the troops until October 10th. If you have some (with envelopes) that you'd like to donate, please see all of the details HERE.
Thanks for visiting here today. I hope you'll be back soon!

Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin