Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, March 29, 2010

It's Your Birthday...Have cake!

The DRS DT is gearing up for Release Day this Thursday, April 1st.  Are you ready for some new stamps!?!?!?  You can see sneek peeks on the DT blogs all week.

Here's my first one!


I've used 5 new DRS stamps to create this card: The Slice of Cake (F261), the Single Birthday Candle (B258), Happy Birthday Arc (E211), the Lots of Dots Giga Circle (L094) and the Oval Spiro Graph (L160).

I used the masking technique to add the candle image to the slice of cake. They were colored with Copic Markers. I sponged yellow ink around the candle flame to create a "glow" and used Yellow Stickles on the candle to give it that firey look.   
I love this cake image!  There are endless fun possibitites you can do with it, and you can be sure you'll see this image again very soon with some other great ideas!  
Hope you enjoy the sneek peeks this week,
Thanks for stopping by!
Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin