Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Not So Easter Lily


Of course, like the way most cards start, I had this image all colored & ready to go. I had this layout in my head and as I just went to town putting it all together. It wasn't til just now, as I sit here to write this post and began browsing the DRS Designs On-line Catalog that I've realized the title of this image is an "Easter" Lily! I sure didn't color this image that way, did I?!


This image reminded me of one of my best Friends' Wedding--she had Stargazer lilies in her bouquet, so I was thinking of her when I colored this image. I should have added a little white to the petals, I guess, to make then more authentic, huh? Did I ever tell you I was a perfectionist? LOL!


Well, nonetheless, with my image colored in pinks and greens, I of course chose to mat and layer my image in the same colors. I love this layout and proud to say it is one I thought of on my own! No card sketches to copy for this one!


Stamps: DRS Designs-Easter Lily Oval
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by American Crafts
Accessories: Ribbon-Go With The Grain by Michael's, Tiny Mardi Gras Brads by Buttons Galore and More, Nesties
Finished Card Size: 5" x 6"

Perhaps down the road at a later date (around Easter) I will create a card with this image again, depicting it as a true Easter Lily for which it is named. I see an elegant Easter card in the near future, as the wheels in my head are already spinning with creative thoughts!

Stay tuned for Card Sketch Wednesday tomorrow, right here at Ink N Scrap Habits!

Have a Wonderful Day!

Smiles,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this! You did a beautiful job on it.

Traci G said...

Stunning!!! Who needs Easter colors anyways??

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin