Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, January 5, 2009

Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep

Well, after a crazy, hectic weekend out-of-town, I finally found a few hours to play in my Studio--however, I never made it there until 9:30 pm yesterday. I left home Friday morning for work (the early shift!) at 5:30 am and then DH picked me up from there to head to Sault Ste Marie, Michigan for a weekend of snowmobiling. We didn't get home until 7:30pm last night! So, I'm feeling very behind without having a full weekend to catch up on my DT & cardmaking requirements. I have so many deadlines approaching and I still have to keep that regular 40 hour work week. (Work is just so inconvenient sometimes, you know? But I'm very thankful I have a job right now!) Plus, a New Year's resolution too--running 3 miles a day--wish me luck! So, I'm up early to do that before I go to work today. Good thing about working the afternoon shift, I can always pack my morning full of things I have to do, or sleep in and be very lazy all before work! I often plan my studio times before work some days too.

I'll post some fun Snowmobiling pics later today for you all to see. But for now, Here's the card I was able to whip up last night...

This card perfect for the arrival of a precious baby Boy. Of course it could easily be made with shades of pink for a little girl or yellows and greens if a baby's gender is unknown. I actually have a baby shower to go to in February and "it's a Girl!" So I'm sure you will see another version of this card in pinks in the near future!


Both the sentiment and the safety pin image are new releases from DRS Designs. As you can see I used my New Treading Water Fiskars border punch as well. I just love it!


Stamps: DRS Designs- Safety Pin image, Now I Lay me Down To sleep Sentiment
Ink: SU! Ballet Blue and Brocade Blue
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company
Accessories: Making Memories Ribbon, Cuttlebug and Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Martha Stewart Border Punch, SU! Notched Corner Punch, SU! Horizontal Slot Punch
Finished Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"



Now that the holidays are really over, today starts the first work/school week of the New Year.

Hope today isn't too crazy for ya!

Happy Monday!


Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin