Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Butterfly Challenge!


Several weeks ago, the DRS Design DT members received a special surprise in a package of new release stamps. It was a DT Challenge to create a card using a floral butterfly stamp. Each card submitted for the challenge was to be judged by the DRS Designs staff members, and the winner would receive a special prize--free stamps! Gotta Love that!


Here's the card I created for the challenge!




First, I inked the Floral butterfly stamped with light blue ink, and then I inked the edge of the butterfly with dark blue ink and stamped it on white cardstock. I stamped the sentiment just below the image in dark blue ink and inked the edges of the cardstock piece with light blue ink.



I wanted to divided the image and the sentiment with light blue grosgrain ribbon, but the ribbon was lacking something--something about it didn't look right. So, I added some texture to it by stamping the same butterfly image on it with dark blue ink. I wrapped the ribbon around the white cardstock as shown, and matted the image piece with dark blue cardstock.




I experimented with creating my own designer paper for this card as well, by stamping the floral butterfly repeatedly on light blue cardstock with light & dark blue ink. This is what you see behind the main image. I matted my dp a couple times with dark & light blue cardstock & then added dark blue fabric ribbon that was decorated with polka dots. I adhered the matted butterfly piece to the middle of this piece and then adhered the entire card front to a dark blue cardstock base.









As a finishing touch, I added Stickles to the butterfly image & it really made the different color blues just "pop!" This picture shows it well!

This card is definitely bound to cheer someone up, don't you think so?








Stamps: DRS Designs- Flower Butterfly, Sending you a Smile
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Blue Iris, SU! Ballet Blue Ink
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, colored cardstock by The Paper Company,
Accessories: Stickles, Ribbon by Bobbie M. Designs and Peebles Inc.

You can see the Butterfly Challenge cards from the other DT members by clicking here. They are all great! I can imagine the judges had a very difficult time selecting just one!



Congratulations Janette! She was the selected Butterfly Challenge winner!



Make sure to visit Janette's blog and Congratulate her!



Stay tuned for our Veteran's Day Thank you Fun Filled Friday challenge to be posted tomorrow.

Thanks for visiting today!


Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin