Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Under The Sea!

Happy Friday!

Today's Fun Filled Friday has an "Under the Sea" theme! What could be better then the Rubbernecker fish for this challenge? I was glad to use them. It's been a while since I've used my Rubbernecker Stamps.

I also used this week's Splitcoast Stampers Sketch Challenge (SC196) for this card, AND I think it is also fitting for the Rubbernecker Challenge for this week--to use lots of embellishments. Hopefully, my embellishment list counts: Pattern paper, Cuttlebug embossing, brads, ribbon, staples, and Stickles!




The fish were colored with Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol. I then used markers to outline them. I used blue chalk for the water and used blue ink on a sponge dauber to give the water some texture. I also inked the edges around the image with blue ink. The image was then layered with dark blue cardstock

Next, I created the panels seen on the SCS196 sketch. I used patterned paper and light blue cardstock with one, and the other I ran light blue cardstock through the Cuttlebug with the Tiny Bubbles Embossing Folder to create a textured background. This piece was matted with dark blue cardstock as well.




I assembled/adhered these panels like in the sketch and added polka dotted dark blue ribbon behind the image. I added just a touch of ribbon at the bottom left of the image with a blue staple, and added a dark blue brad to the 3 corners of the embossed panel.

I adhered the matted image/panel piece to a light blue cardstock base that measures 6.5" x 5."
This ended up up be a pretty good size card, huh?


As a finishing touch, I added Glitter Glue to each fish and the worm. Not sure if this was such as wise thing to do, as I think it is now over done. What do you think? Do you think the glitter is too much? However, it does count as another embellishment for the Rubbernecker challenge!





Stamps: "Luncheon Meet" by Rubbernecker
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk in Azurite Blue
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Bazzill cardstock, Cardstock by Paper Reflections, Pattern Paper-Creative Imaginations Cyan Dot by Jones Inc.
Accessories: Chalk by Inkadinkado, sponge dauber, Stickles and Glitter Glue, Ribbon by Pebbles Inc., Blue staple unknown, Cuttlebug and Tiny Bubbles embossing folder, brads by Making Memories.




Hope you enjoyed "Sea-ing" my card today, and I appreciate your visit!
Did you get a chance to play with our "Under the Sea" theme. Leave me a link to your "Under the Sea" project. I'd love to "sea" it! LOL!
Hope your Friday is an easy one, and that your weekend is great!

Smiles,
Jennifer

5 comments:

Lorelie Kim said...

Wonderful colors! Love the CB background and the glitter on the fish added the perfect touch!

Juliana said...

This is reaaly cool!!
I love the sparkle!!
FUN card!!

Sherry Cheever said...

What a fun card! So creative and the glitz is splendid! This is one of my fave images too!

Create It Simply said...

Very cool card! I really like the sparkle that you added to it. Love that images too :)

wendyp said...

love those glitzy fish! Very cute card!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin